Write a Guest Post
An invitation to write for, and be featured on my blog
Thank you for your interest in writing a guest post for this blog. Guest posting offers a fantastic opportunity for a win-win-win sitation by providing value to the reader, creating exposure for the article writer and enhancing the authority of the blog owner .
I invite you to submit your own guest post for consideration after reviewing these guidelines.
- The topic of your post must be on, or closely related, to Microsoft Office. Anything that is useful for my readers is good content for a guest post here.
- Your post cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post, although you can include an offer link in your bio (see below).
- The post type can be a 'how to', a case study, a comparison / review, an opinion derived from your own personal experience or anything that provides value to the reader and this blog.
- Your post should be at least 500 words long and no more than 1,500 words.
Originality and exclusivity
- Your post must be your own original work.
- The article must not have been previously published on the web or in print.
- You agree not to publish the same or similar article anywhere else, including your own blog or web site or as a guest post on another web site.
- You may, however, create a brief one paragraph summary on your site that links to the post.
- If an image is not your own, you must have a license to use it (e.g. purchase the image from a reputable stock photo site or ensure the image has a creative commons license). It must not infringe an owner's copyright.
- Use H1 for the title.
- Only use H2 or H3 for headings.
- Use default paragraph text and single-level numbered or bullet lists for the main content.
- You may apply bold, italic and underline.
- Do not use different fonts, font sizes, font colours etc, as styling will be made consistent with the rest of our site.
Bio / Byline Guidelines
- The combined author bio and byline links must not exceed 100 words.
- Please include a 1-2 sentence author bio and a good quality image of yourself.
- You may include byline links for any/all of the following:
If your post meets the above guidelines:
- Please submit your guest post in docx or html format.
- Attach a zipped folder containing all images used. Name each image starting with the image number within the post (e.g. 01) followed by a rich one sentence description. This simplifies the process of uploading and inserting the images into the post.
- Please email it to me at email@example.com for consideration.
- Please include the size of your readership: number of blog readers, podcast listeners and YouTube subscribers.
- Please confirm that you are willing to engage with my readers in the comments about your post. This is non-negotiable.
- It may take me 1-2 weeks to respond. This doesn’t mean I have rejected your post.
- If I decline your post, you will receive a response outlining the reason. You are then free to do whatever you want with it, including publishing it elsewhere.
- If I accept your post, I will likely edit your copy for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
I may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context or opinion. I will make sure that my comments are set off from yours stylistically, so that my readers are clear that these are mine and not yours.
If I make substantial changes, I will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
I understand the time and effort required to produce a quality blog post. However, the fact that you have written a post and submitted it to me does not obligate me to publish it. The only guest posts I will publish are those that in my sole judgment add value to my readers.
Thank you for your interest.
Founder & Creative Director