In this post you'll discover how to select blocks of content instead of going cell by cell and some some fast ways to get around a worksheet.
1. Moving around a worksheet
2. Navigating directly to a chosen cell
To go directly to a cell (only really useful in large spreadsheets)
1. Press Ctrl G or press F5.
2. Specify the worksheet name and cell reference (e.g. B2).
How to resize, insert or delete row(s) and column(s)
3. Selecting a cell
1. Click in the cell.
2. To select other non-adjacent cells at the same time, hold down the Ctrl key and click on the other cells.
4. Selecting a range of cells
5. Selecting row(s) or column(s)
6. Selecting the entire worksheet
To select every cell on the sheet:
1. Click the grey block between the ‘A’ column label and the ‘1’ row label.
2. Alternatively, press Ctrl A.
7. Key Takeaways
I hope you found plenty of value in this post. I'd love to hear your biggest takeaway in the comments below together with any questions you may have.
Have a fantastic day.