1. Quick visual separators using the keyboard
Type 3 dashes ( --- ) to display a single line separator
Type 3 equals signs ( === ) to display a double line separator
Type 3 hashes ( ### ) to display a triple line separator
Type 3 underscores ( ___ ) to display a thick separator
Type 3 asterisks ( *** ) to display a dotted line separator
Type 3 tildes ( ~~~ ) to display a wavy line separator
2. Adding a paragraph border separator for lots more choice
There is also a Horizontal Line tool you can use.
1. Position the cursor where the line is to be inserted.
2. Select the Home tab | Paragraph group, or
Table Tools | Design tab (if you are working with a table).
3. Click the drop-down arrow on the Border icon.
4. Select Horizontal Line.
5. For more choices, click Borders and Shading instead of Horizontal LIne.
6. Choose a line style, line colour and line width.
7. Click the border icons around the preview so that only the top or bottom icon is on.
And that, my friend, is how you add some visual interest to an otherwise dull-looking document.
Here are some other advanced text effects you may be interested in.
I hope you found plenty of value in this post. I'd love to hear your biggest takeaway in the comments below together with any questions you may have.
Have a fantastic day.